spanning_time

Monday, February 19, 2007

A Revolution Stunted: Def Poetry Jam - The N Word

Some days choosing these videos is easier than others. Something will stick out as part of our day, then it's just a matter of finding to right video to convey what we had in mind. Usually it doesn't take too much. Today took a bit more effort, and we went through at lot of videos before settling on this one. It's definitely on the more serious side of things, and while it is spoken word, it's at least not the crappy kind. Instead, it more eloquently states the case against usage of the N word than we ever could. Listen with headphones on.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I know I haven't commented much but your "Revolution Stunted" series has been some of the best blogging I've seen in years. You have a meaningful theme that is tastefully presented with incisive commentary. I look forward to these posts every day.

    Admittedly, I'm also a sucker for your original, activity-themed posts but this feels important. Good work.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:35 AM  

  • I use to watch Def Poetry all the time, but I don't have HBO now. Anyway, I love spoken word!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

  • thanks to both of you for your comments. thanks for reading too.

    By Blogger 2RedShoez, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home