spanning_time

Friday, April 21, 2006

Hooray for Body Image Obsession!

I don't think people are meant to have that many ab muscles.Earlier this week I mentioned the need to find a new gym. Well, if getting a full body scan wasn't enough motivation, this weekend is the Emerald Cup Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure Championships.

I've never been to one of these things, but I'm pretty sure that the chances for finding funnel cake are extremely low. I expect this is one of those events that is really limited to those really into the fitness/bodybuilding lifestyle, since being surrounded by people with no body fat just sounds like a way to really mess with someone's body image. That said, I'm still excited by the idea of seeing people willing to deprive themselves of so much for a particular vision of physical perfection. There's also a Ms. Desert Sun Calendar Model Search, but that won't feature biceps bigger than your head, so that's an also-ran for my attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home